Africa Speaks
TrinidadandTobagoNews
AmonHotep
Trinicenter
Homepage
RaceandHistory
Race and HistoryNews and Views
Terms of Service | Translator | Nubian School | Channel Africa | Recommended Books

Articles Archive: Page 1 - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5 - Page 6

Race and History Forum

Re: Concept of Race
In Response To: Concept of Race ()

I agree whole heartedly Shabaka. Our oppressor is good at what he does. I think this is just one example of the many things that we (black Americans & in the diaspora) adhere to that are not even hidden, its right in our face however we are so blind so brainwashed that we choose to ignore it. We would rather embrace a basketball game or some other form of entertainment (distraction). Our oppressor has done everything and anything to detach our culture with africa, it was done 300 yrs ago and its in full effect right now. One clear example just came to me, I hope i am clear on this. This is actually my first post on this forum I just recently discovered this website. It seems to be coming from a carribean perspective. In my second sentence if you see above I stated "black americans & in the diaspora" I added "in the diaspora" after reading it because I am so inclinded (brainwashed) not to include my brothers and sisters in the islands, in south america, Australia and thruout the diaspora. We are all fighting the same struggle yet we are victims of our own prejudices. Lets re-train our minds lets break the chains, im aware that some of us didnt come here on chains however the mental chain is alot stronger than the metal one :P. Racism, evil, ignorance dont have a face. The world is getting smaller we have to start thinking globally like Marcus Garvey and many other brilliant black scholars that our culture has produced. Ill stop now because I dont like excessively long post. Thank you to anyone who took the time to read this.

AnukAusar!

Messages In This Thread

Concept of Race

Trinicenter Int. | Africa News Links | 9/11 Home | Latest News | Sources | Search | Homepage

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

RaceandHistory.com is a 100% non-profit Website.