Africa Speaks
TrinidadandTobagoNews
AmonHotep
Trinicenter
Homepage
RaceandHistory
Race and HistoryNews and Views
Terms of Service | Translator | Nubian School | Channel Africa | Recommended Books

Articles Archive: Page 1 - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5 - Page 6

Race and History Forum

New book for discussion

Hello,

Recently, I have written a new book that might be of interest to you:

James Robinson Johnston: The Life, Death and Legacy of Nova Scotia's First Black Lawyer. $14.95 Nimbus Publishing, 2005

ISBN: 1551095092

My book deals with James Robinson Johnston, who was Nova Scotia Canada's first black lawyer and one of the most significant and compelling figures in Canadian history that had his life cut short at the age of 39 and is only now being talked about by scholars because of the circumstances of his death.

Mr. Johnston was a classmate of Henry Sylvester Williams, the father of the Pan-African Movement. My book briefly discusses their relationship during Williams' short stay in Halifax, Nova Scotia.

FYI, Nova Scotia is home to the largest and oldest community of blacks in Canada.

I welcome any comments or questions.

Yours very truly,

Justin M. Johnston

justinjohnston_1980@yahoo.com

Messages In This Thread

New book for discussion

Trinicenter Int. | Africa News Links | 9/11 Home | Latest News | Sources | Search | Homepage

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

RaceandHistory.com is a 100% non-profit Website.