Africa Speaks
TrinidadandTobagoNews
AmonHotep
Trinicenter
Homepage
RaceandHistory
Race and HistoryNews and Views
Terms of Service | Translator | Nubian School | Channel Africa | Recommended Books

Articles Archive: Page 1 - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5 - Page 6

Race and History Forum

Re: Henriette Delille Misidentification

In response to Henriette Delille's Misidentification: I find this very strange.

First of all, when Miss Delille tried to enter white Catholic Organizations to become a nun she was refused because of her "race" Also, she stated - "One day, somehow, I a woman of African descent will be a nun in New Orleans, the slave mart of the coutry."

So this is telling you that she was viewed/identified herself as a black woman and wanted to help slaves and the less fortunate.

Yes, I agree she is definitely of French, Spanish, and Italian descent - but in this country called America she will be identified as black. You should know this by now!

When Halle Berry won the Oscar for best actress she was identified as the first "African-American" woman to win..not the first "mixed actress" to win.

I'm very familiar with this "Creole" thing, becuase one half of my family is creole. This elitist attitude in regards to skin color, hair texture, and "French" blood is plain igornance.
The French ain't thinking about your "French" blood, because the bottomline is - YOU'RE BLACK OKAY!

I hope Miss Delille will be canonized, and I can almost GUARANTEE you she will be recognized as African-American.

You say you're 76 years old...WAKE UP WOMAN! This is AMERICA (LAUGH)...

GOOD LUCK TO YOU!

Messages In This Thread

Henriette Delille Misidentification
Re: Henriette Delille Misidentification

Trinicenter Int. | Africa News Links | 9/11 Home | Latest News | Sources | Search | Homepage

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

RaceandHistory.com is a 100% non-profit Website.