Africa Speaks
TrinidadandTobagoNews
AmonHotep
Trinicenter
Homepage
RaceandHistory
Race and HistoryNews and Views
Terms of Service | Translator | Nubian School | Channel Africa | Recommended Books

Articles Archive: Page 1 - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5 - Page 6

Race and History Forum

Where I live is almost like a war zone

I am a downtown Jersey City resident, who lives in an apartment directly across the river from the WTC site. I have witnessed the event from my bedroom window from beginning to end and have had trouble getting over this ordeal.

Where I live is almost like a war zone with police on every corner, fighter jets constantly circling my apartment and the sound of non stop sirens. This is very unusual for Americans to experience. At night search lights eliminate the empty space where the towers once stood and accentuate the billowing smoke that four days later still exists.

I have been down on the waterfront helping load supplies onto boats, and every time a crew of rescue workers, firemen or policemen get on or off the boat, all volunteers drop what they are doing and applaud. We are trying to act as strong as we can over here and I just wanted to say how appreciative I am of Europe's support. It is nice to not feel so alone.

Messages In This Thread

Where I live is almost like a war zone
Re: Where I live is almost like a war zone

Trinicenter Int. | Africa News Links | 9/11 Home | Latest News | Sources | Search | Homepage

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

RaceandHistory.com is a 100% non-profit Website.