Africa Speaks
TrinidadandTobagoNews
AmonHotep
Trinicenter
Homepage
RaceandHistory
Race and HistoryNews and Views
Terms of Service | Translator | Nubian School | Channel Africa | Recommended Books

Articles Archive: Page 1 - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5 - Page 6

Race and History Forum

Mormon's view of African Americans (Curse of Cain)

Since Mitt Romney is Mormon, the topic of the origin of race is becoming a hot topic. Here is something I wrote on a yahoo chat line:

Right now, MORMONISM is faced with a HUGE DILEMMMA. Because they are going to have a very hard time hiding their view on the "Curse of Cain" doctrine. They can't just simply deny it because it's in their "scriptures" and was spoken by their prophets. For example: Moses 7:22 “...and they were a mixture of all the seed of Adam save it was the seed of Cain, for the seed of Cain were black, and had not place among them.” Their own prophet Brigham Young said "“The Lord put a mark upon [Cain], which is the flat nose and the black skin." - Journal of Discourses 7:290-91 (9 Oct. 1859) This is the reason why black people were not allowed to be in the priesthood until June 9, 1978 when they allegedly received a "revelation" from God that the ban was over. And they do not want people to know this. So they will do whatever dance they can do to cover it up. Because if they admit it publicly, no one will even consider becoming a convert. You can expect Mitt Romney to dodge as many of these questions as possible. But once he is nominated, you can expect the Democrats to do as much digging and publicizing as they can. Also consider what was said about the Native Americans: II Nephi 5:21 "And he had caused the cursing to come upon them, yea, even a sore cursing, because of their iniquity. For behold, they had hardened their hearts against him, and they had become like unto a flint; wherefore, as they were white, and exceedingly fair and delightsome, that they might not be enticing unto my people the Lord God did cause a skin of blackness to come upon them." - Here we see God cursing people with a dark skin because of their sin AND to keep them from being attractive to white people. That is as racist as it gets. Can they deny their own scriptures and prophets? We will see. I expect more of a dance than anything else in order to draw attention away from the facts.
One Mormon did try to say that the dark skin wasn't considered the curse but just the separation from God was the curse. But Alma 3:6 (book of mormon) says: "And the skins of the Lamanites were dark, according to the mark which was set upon their fathers, which was a acurse upon them because of their transgression and their rebellion against their brethren, who consisted of Nephi, Jacob, and Joseph, and Sam, who were just and holy men." So it is clear that the mark of a dark skin was considered a curse.

I was wondering how you would reply to what I wrote above and what you thought.

Thanks

Jon

Messages In This Thread

Mormon's view of African Americans (Curse of Cain)
Re: Mormon's view of African Americans (Curse of C
Re: Mormon's view of African Americans (Curse of C

Trinicenter Int. | Africa News Links | 9/11 Home | Latest News | Sources | Search | Homepage

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

RaceandHistory.com is a 100% non-profit Website.