Africa Speaks
TrinidadandTobagoNews
AmonHotep
Trinicenter
Homepage
RaceandHistory
Race and HistoryNews and Views
Terms of Service | Translator | Nubian School | Channel Africa | Recommended Books

Articles Archive: Page 1 - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5 - Page 6

Race and History Forum

Re: AFRICAN RELIGION
In Response To: AFRICAN RELIGION ()

I read messages by a few people that the only true African religion is the Animist type.
I see Islam as being the best African religion, look at the togetherness of the west Aficans where Islam is the majority religion.(you rarely see black muslim tribes fighting each other, except Somalia)(in black Africa the AIDS rate is lowest in muslim countries)
I also see the Etiopic(Coptic church) as African.
There is a lot of debate as to the races of a lot of the prophets of the bible and Qur'an. I believe alot of people of African desent were in the middle east from the time of the Qur'an till the time of the old testament.
WE as Africans only need to purify our religions of outside instigators, and let Africans merge into one strong God fearing continent and one people.
assalam alaykum

Islam was never forced upon Western Africans.Islam however much of the tradition grows from acombination between aministic elements which was present among the ancient sabeans,which ibelieve were black.
The sabean moon godess allat,which you knowas allah was honored in the sacred kaba stone,which is also another ancient deity.

Mohamed from what i heard grandfather was described as black by al jahiz,which was also a black writter one of the best in all of arabia.
You are right about islamic african countries though they also seemto have the fewest aidscases of any. The majority christain nations and catholic nations likecentral africa seem to have many more aids cases than western african nations mali,senegal,northern nigeria,which are majority muslim.

Ethiopian christainty is unique in a sense that it never gave away old more traditionalrelgions,which seemed to havemerged with the christain relgion.

The ethiopian christains even use a 13 moth calender,whichis atraditional ethiopian calender.
There is also a sect of islam in Senegal called mouride which was founded by cheikh amadoua bemba.

Messages In This Thread

AFRICAN RELIGION

Trinicenter Int. | Africa News Links | 9/11 Home | Latest News | Sources | Search | Homepage

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

RaceandHistory.com is a 100% non-profit Website.