Africa Speaks
TrinidadandTobagoNews
AmonHotep
Trinicenter
Homepage
RaceandHistory
Race and HistoryNews and Views
Terms of Service | Translator | Nubian School | Channel Africa | Recommended Books

Articles Archive: Page 1 - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5 - Page 6

Race and History Forum

Re: This is the nature of the Threat

So, if Aurora omitted these lines for whatever reason, and it's safe to assume that he IS white, AND he refuses to acknowledge anything that goes against his rebuttal, then as Ras Kass stated, he truly IS the nature of the threat.

NOT the threat, but the NATURE of the threat.

The true threat to us blacks is violence upon self, ignorance, and lack of resources... all things that WE should be able to obtain ourselves, which we DID during the civil rights era, when we were NOT integrated with the white population.

However, through racism, the KKK, the government AND the CIA, the dispersion of crack/cocaine strategically into black neighborhoods, our stability eroded CONTINUOUSLY.

Can we change things? Of course. Will it be easy or obtainable without any sort of assistance? Not Likely.

So white racism and indifference towards blacks in the United States is always "undercover" and "never seen", "initiated but never publically continued"... therefore, eliminating its role in our downfall, and allowing our current situation to take prescedence over our value.

Like Mos Def stated...

"They say they want you successful
But then they make it stressful
You start keeping pace, they start shaking up the tempo"

That's why AURORA and every white person LIKE him becomes the nature of the threat.

You see white supremecy in this country has two parts:

1. The inflictor of racism and white supremecy (government, established racism in society)
2. The ignorant white civilian, who has no concept or idea of the after-effects, and therefore no sympathy, who THEN assumes that we have the same progression, opportunity and level playing field, both before, during and AFTER our attempts.

a black kid and a white kid are both building a lego tower in an enclosed room. both build at same progression. white kid's older brother (1) comes in room beats up black kid, leaves room. white kid doesn't see. "why are you taking so long? I'm already done. stop being lazy"

THIS IS ESSENTIALLY THE DANGER OF BEING IGNORANT TO BLACK PLIGHT AND HISTORY IN THIS COUNTRY!!!

As long as white people stay ignorant of songs that overexxagerate for the effect of getting people to WANT to research, white people wiil then always use their ignorance as a tool for argument by stating such things like "well, if I can do it, why can't you?"

And now we have a bigger threat: new immigrants, which includes asians, filipinos and even other africans.

"If I can do it, why can't you?"

Three reasons, first one conditional:

1. I didn't come here of my own free will.
2. I wasn't able to consistently maintain my family base, which is important in ALL ethnic success.
3. I wasn't able to start out with tax-free loans or government assistance. When I was given gov't assistance, I had a legacy of racism behind me.

Why is it that blacks who transplant themselves to other countries are able to advance so quickly? Is it because like other immigrants, they are now living OUTSIDE of their country of persecution?

Well asian, south american, african and pacific islander...

imagine that you were DENIED US citizen ship, and were forced to stay in your land of persecution. Then imagine an african-american immigrated to your land with government assistance. "Why can't you make it, I did!"

Well here in Laos, I'm not allowed to own land... well.. I AM allowed to own land, but they would never give it to me, because I'm... well... you wouldn't understand...."

Well, you'd be ABSOLUTELY RIGHT.

I would then be APART of the problem. By not sympathizing with the past relations of your government with your people, I would just ASSUME that you had the same opportunity. Maybe if you TRIED HARDER things would get better, AND... maybe!

BUT... me and my new big brother Laos would tag-team you into the ground: Laos with its persecution of you, and ME with my ignorance of this persecution and my arrogant standpoint that if I just got here, and you're still not successful, you must be lazy. NEVERMIND what you went through...

Sounds INSENSITIVE?? It should if it doesn't. New and old immigrants frustrated with African-Americans do it all the time. But instead of wanting to know the REAL reason, they'd rather write it off as us being collectively lazy or having never tried. How DARE they.

If there was another established super country, African slaves would have been granted amnesty out of this country LONG before we would have had a chance to progress in this "fixed game". Have we been successful since then? Obviously, but not without great sacrifice and HUGE remnants of racism even today...

Get it? Got it? Good....

Time's Up

Messages In This Thread

This is the nature of the Threat
Re: This is the nature of the Threat *LINK*
Re: This is the nature of the Threat *LINK*
1 world 1 people

Trinicenter Int. | Africa News Links | 9/11 Home | Latest News | Sources | Search | Homepage

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

RaceandHistory.com is a 100% non-profit Website.