Africa Speaks
TrinidadandTobagoNews
AmonHotep
Trinicenter
Homepage
RaceandHistory
Race and HistoryNews and Views
Terms of Service | Translator | Nubian School | Channel Africa | Recommended Books

Articles Archive: Page 1 - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5 - Page 6

Race and History Forum

Re: THERE WAS NO ARYAN INVASION

I think the general consensus amung scholars have stated that the Aryan invasion never happened. The so-call ''Aryans'' come from a culture in Southern Russia known as the Kurgans. The Kurgans existed around 3500 B.C. or later and built tumulis of dead,and some reason that these people were later responsible for spreading the Indo-European language from India to what is know Europe.

Know the other senerio is to the Harappa Valley Civlization that existed around 2500 B.C. or before. Most people reason that this was a Dravidian civlization,but know there are people who claim it was founded by people in Northern India,not Dravidians in Southern India. However,others state that the Aryans coming into India was a peaceful one where they lived toghter with the Dravidians.

From what I understand the original people of India were Austric type people like the Munda and in the Southern regions you have people called Veddoids. From what I understand Dravidians represent a migration of people that later merged with the other two groups.

Know,the Dravidians are deemed as caucasoid by most anthropologist,and ther Veddoids and Munda are called Austric or Australoid.

Maybe you can shed more light into the origins of these people. I admitt that Indian is not a particular place I study very much.

Messages In This Thread

THERE WAS NO ARYAN INVASION
Re: THERE WAS NO ARYAN INVASION *LINK*
The Beginning of the caste system
Outside influence affected societal change
paper on caste-race debate
Re: paper on caste-race debate

Trinicenter Int. | Africa News Links | 9/11 Home | Latest News | Sources | Search | Homepage

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

RaceandHistory.com is a 100% non-profit Website.