Africa Speaks
TrinidadandTobagoNews
AmonHotep
Trinicenter
Homepage
RaceandHistory
Race and HistoryNews and Views
Terms of Service | Translator | Nubian School | Channel Africa | Recommended Books

Articles Archive: Page 1 - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5 - Page 6

Race and History Forum

Re: Negroid Origin Of Japanese *LINK*

Was BlackTokyo.com the first black site from Japan. The answer to that question is undoubtedly no. BlackTokyo.com came around the Tokyo scene in late 1998 after I came to Japan. It was first hosted by GOL (Global Online) and didn't even have a real URL. Back then for being in Japan you didn't have to. The URL is http://www2.gol.com/users/nine/
After that in 1999 it was moved to a full domain and BlackTokyo.com URL. Before any of this took place there was JAFA Japan African American Friendship Association. They have been on the web since at least early 1998. When BT was in the starting stage every one that viewed the site emailed me to check out JAFA because they were the only Black site from Japan on the net. I believe in crediting those before me so that is why BT had banners running for JAFA all last year.
Also as early as maybe 1996 there was a publication in Tokyo called 'Blacks in Asia'. I think they existed for a few months I had an opportunity to meet one of the former owners by chance. Of course print is more expensive than creating a web based publication so without proper funding it became extinct.
For the future we have Coloredgrrl.com. This site by Aina Hunter caters to women of color who may be traveling. Coloredgrrl.com may be the first site for Black women in Japan. I expect the site will grow in time like BT. I already see some of the core BT posters giving love to the site.
So in ending BT is not the first Black site from Japan. We are the first Black web portal possibly in Asia. Definitely BT is the biggest Black site in Asia.

Messages In This Thread

Fallacy Of Negroid Origin Of Ancient Chinese *LINK*
Re: Fallacy Of Negroid Origin Of Ancient Chinese
Negroid Origin Of Japanese *LINK*
Re: Negroid Origin Of Japanese *LINK*

Trinicenter Int. | Africa News Links | 9/11 Home | Latest News | Sources | Search | Homepage

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

RaceandHistory.com is a 100% non-profit Website.