Africa Speaks
TrinidadandTobagoNews
AmonHotep
Trinicenter
Homepage
RaceandHistory
Race and HistoryNews and Views
Terms of Service | Translator | Nubian School | Channel Africa | Recommended Books

Articles Archive: Page 1 - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5 - Page 6

Race and History Forum

Zimbabwean Heroes *LINK*

Hatred Zenenga's article on the Heores of Zimbabwe is very enlightening. While I think that War Veterans who fought in the war deserve to be honoured in one way or the other, I do not that that should be at the expense of the milions of Zimbabweans who also scarificed their lives and were caught up in the crossfire all the time. I strongly feel that the way War Veterans in Zimbabwe have held the people of Zimbabwe to ransom is appalling and is in many ways, responsible for the current economic conditions in the country and the general lack of interest among ZImbabweans of the Heroes Holiday. The current debate in Namibia on whether War Veterans should be paid or not is a remainder of what happened in Zimbabwe. The best reward for everyone who sacrificed their lives to the struggle is surely a good and viable economy run and owned by Zimbabweans! Not just a few who seem to think that they fought in a glass jar where there was no support from the masses. Thousands of people lost their lives in Zimbabwe and the country owes its independence to those people and NOT JUST the war veterans. Yes they played a very important part, but that part should not be used to hold nations to ransom.

Trinicenter Int. | Africa News Links | 9/11 Home | Latest News | Sources | Search | Homepage

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

RaceandHistory.com is a 100% non-profit Website.