Africa Speaks
TrinidadandTobagoNews
AmonHotep
Trinicenter
Homepage
RaceandHistory
Race and HistoryNews and Views
Terms of Service | Translator | Nubian School | Channel Africa | Recommended Books

Articles Archive: Page 1 - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5 - Page 6

Race and History Forum

More CNN distortions: Bin Laden Possibly Heard...

By Robert Spicer
Sydney, Australia
12-16-1

CNN - Bin Laden Possibly Heard Speaking Via Radio
December 16, 2001
Posted: 5:31 AM EST

(CNN) - The United States is "reasonably certain" that one of the voices they have have been monitoring on battlefield radios in the Tora Bora region of Afghanistan is the voice of Osama bin Laden, U.S. officials tell CNN.

Officials would not specify what kind of radio transmission U.S. forces had detected or how they were sure it was bin Laden's voice. But an official, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said it was a short-range transmission, indicating that bin Laden was in Tora Bora in the past week, Reuters reports.

Meanwhile, Eastern Alliance fighters, aided by U.S. airstrikes, continue to fight al Qaeda members holed up in the caves and tunnels of the rugged mountain region. U.S. planes and the reverberating rumble of their bombs were a steady reminder that the war was not over.

On lower ground, CNN's Ben Wedeman said he had heard talk of a possible surrender of some al Qaeda fighters, but had seen no indication that such an event might be imminent.

Wedeman, who has twice spoken with al Qaeda members by radio, was unable to contact them on Saturday, but he reported that overheard radio conversations indicated al Qaeda was low on ammunition.

"They sound stressed, I'll tell you," Wedeman said. "They don't sound like they're having a good time." (Full story http://www.cnn.com)

I am amazed how you Americans are taking CNN so seriously, while we Australians see CNN as a joke. Sky-News TV, here in Australia, reported precisely that a Taliban soldier was talking on short wave radio, saying something about a Sheik (Sheik- means a leader). But, Sheik could have been ANY leader world-wide, civil or military, and any military organization will have many Sheiks of all ranks.

There was no mention on our Australian TV news that anyone actually heard the real voice of Bin Laden.CNN invented a totally different story. CNN again pulled out their miracle words of: "possibly", "US officials" and "reasonably certain" to justify corruption and misleading/propaganda news.

AND!!! CNN is back to its old tricks of 'interpretations.' Please read carefully in the second paragraph:

"....indicating that Bin Laden was..." -

"Indicating" does NOT mean that anyone heard the actual voice of bin Laden....BUT! CNN is hiding this fact from us. In this case, "Indicating" is exactly what the Australian TV news quoted - that a Taliban soldier somewhere was talking about a leader. His word "leader" could have been his Sergeant, General, bin Laden or even Bush, depending on the CONTEXT of the sentence, etc.

CNN conveniently always adopts the interpretation that the Pentagon wants them to adopt, in this case that the soldier must have been referring to bin Laden. CNN clearly twisted the meaning of that sentence to fit the Pentagon's version. We already have a Pentagon spokesmen, why do we need CNN?

CNN & "US officials" (rarely identified!) want us to believe (for some unknown reason to me, who cares?) that the voice was really bin Laden's voice. This may be a vain attempt to justify spending 55 billion dollars of U.S. tax payers money wasted so far just to kill a single "terrorist"/"freedom fighter" and thousands of innocent Afghan civilians. http://www.ncpa.org/iss/bud/pd 103101b.html

This money could have been better spent on rebuilding the WTC and the balance should have been given to the Israelis, so that they could find a 'final solution' for the Palestinians (bitter smile). Bush has lost all credibility here in most of Australia. Actually, instead of proving to the world that the U.S. Military is so incompetent, the whole 'Taliban job' should have been given to the Israeli Military, they would have finished the Talibans in one week or less, and present bin Laden as a Christmas present to Dubya and to all 'patriotic' Americans. The Israelis would love it, killing is already a habit for them and they would do it probably for free.

The sad fact is that Bin laden has already won, BIG TIME. He has changed our civilization in a few weeks more than any other person in our history. The whole world is watching how the mightiest military in the world is afraid to confront him and resorts to carpet bombing from 30,000ft, vaporizing desert rocks and much of the American tax payers money. VERY SAD AMERICA, I will not be surprised if bin Laden and his four wives are now sipping margaritas next to the pool, on Bush's Texas ranch, just like in the 'old days.' Remember how Bush, the Elder brought over thousands of Iraqi Republican Guards and settled them in the Midwest after the 'Gulf War'?

Jeff, please do not misunderstand me, I want Bin Laden dealt with. And if Bush (counting on you gullible Americans), is trying to frame bin Laden (one of his former business partners) as responsible for the 9-11 attacks in order to cover for the Israelis, I will not tell anybody :-).

I am enclosing the CNN 'news' item - I am lucky my browser kept it. Guess what? Just when I finished writing you this email, I went back to CNN and they already pulled COMPLETELY this 'report'/fraud completely off their front page AND their archives !!!

Robert Spicer
Sydney Australia

PS - John Swinton the former Editor of the New York Times said in 1914 :

"There is no such thing, at this date of the world's history, in America as an independent press. You know it and I know it. There is not one of you (journalists) who dares to write your honest opinions, and if you did you know beforehand that it would never appear in print.

"I am paid $150 a week for keeping my honest opinion out of the paper I am connected with. Others of you are paid similar salaries for things, and if any of you would be so foolish as to write honest opinions you would be out on the streets looking for another job. If I allowed my honest opinions to appear in one issue of my paper, before 24 hours passed my job would be gone.

"The business of journalists is to destroy the truth; to lie outright; to pervert; to vilify; to fawn at the feet of Mammon, and to sell his country and his race for his daily bread. You know it and I know it, and what folly is this toasting an 'independent press.'

"We are the tools and vassals of rich men behind the scenes. We are Jumping-Jacks -- they pull the strings and we dance. Our talents, our possibilities and our lives are all the property of other men. We are intellectual prostitutes." --John Swinton, 1914, former Editor New York Times,

http://www.barefootsworld.net

Trinicenter Int. | Africa News Links | 9/11 Home | Latest News | Sources | Search | Homepage

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

RaceandHistory.com is a 100% non-profit Website.