Africa Speaks
TrinidadandTobagoNews
AmonHotep
Trinicenter
Homepage
RaceandHistory
Race and HistoryNews and Views
Terms of Service | Translator | Nubian School | Channel Africa | Recommended Books

Articles Archive: Page 1 - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5 - Page 6

Race and History Forum

Re: Race and Actions
In Response To: Re: Race and Actions ()

It seems you have given much consideration to your theory on Halle Berry and race. I would submit that Halle Berry is a beautiful woman by any standards nevertheless, I as a man of mostly African descent do not consider Halle Berry to be the ideal “Black” beauty nor can she in my opinion compare to a true African beauty. In any case, it is foolish to argue whether or not Halle Berry is black or white because we already have significant science to prove that she is neither, as the last time I checked every human being inherits 18 chromosomes each from both parents. In Halle’s case her father is black and her mother is white, therefore Halle is neither black nor white but a little of both. However, if you must label her, it appears that for whatever reason she chooses to identify more closely with the African-American community. Furthermore, some food for thought, if she were living before the civil rights movement, whites would not allow Halle Berry to eat in the same restaurants, nor drink from the same water fountains as they did. In addition, you conjecture, “[N]egro "men" pursue women like Halle Berry because you hate your own kind because of their resemblence to yourself.” That question can be turned around, why have so-called Caucasian men pursued black women. I heard that a white male is not considered a man until he has tasted the fruit of the Negro female. Nevertheless¸ I digress. I know that race is merely a sociological construct. People want race to be real so that they can justify their own inner demons by making someone else the object of their inner scorn and self hate. In the post antebellum south, poor whites blamed blacks for their situation as “white trash”. They committed crimes against blacks more heinous than when blacks were enslaved, and for no justifiable reason other than that they found themselves socially and economically in the same situation as the blacks who were recently emancipated. Thus, they attempted to boost their damaged esteem by subjugating blacks who were supposed to be naturally inferior. Likewise many present day African-Americans scapegoat all of their problems on present day whites, blaming white for every conceivable social ill. The reality is that many African-Americans think that whites owe them something, this is not so. However, the American Government and any government that participated in slavery do owe the Descendants of slaves, which is nevertheless another subject. The point is, as an African-American; my enemy is not the white man, because I know that I don’t wrestle against flesh and blood, but powers and principalities in high places. Simply put, my enemy is the spirit of hate and ignorance that has plagued the United States and that is presently plaguing the world. Moreover, no man white or black can keep me from doing whatever it is I have determined in my mind to do. Nevertheless, race to me is foolishness, I have no time to argue about who is inferior or who is superior. Obviously, all of humanity has a problem dealing with someone or something that is different from them. Ignorance is inferior. We are all different; however, those differences do not translate into anyone human being, being less valuable to humanity or to this planet earth than any other is. He who is superior recognizes that the greatest men who lived on this planet did not care about the color of another skin but embraced all men as brothers. Superior men love not hate.

“We know that we have passed out of death into life, because we love the brethren. He who does not love abides in death.” 1 John 3:14

Messages In This Thread

Halle Berry, poor image of a Black Woman
Cosmetic Capitalists and African Women
Re: Cosmetic Capitalists and African Women
Re: Agreed
Re: Halle Berry a Black Woman BAR NONE!
Re: Halle Berry, poor image of a Black Woman
Halle Berry is a Negro?!
Race and Actions
Re: Halle Berry is a Negro?!

Trinicenter Int. | Africa News Links | 9/11 Home | Latest News | Sources | Search | Homepage

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

RaceandHistory.com is a 100% non-profit Website.