Africa Speaks
TrinidadandTobagoNews
AmonHotep
Trinicenter
Homepage
RaceandHistory
Race and HistoryNews and Views
Terms of Service | Translator | Nubian School | Channel Africa | Recommended Books

Articles Archive: Page 1 - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5 - Page 6

Race and History Forum

Re: Negroid roots of Ireland
In Response To: Negroid roots of Ireland ()

Modern genetics and Irish legends show that the Irish originally came from Spain.

I am of Irish descent. When I was growing up there was a picture of my great grandmother on the mantlepiece. My brother and I refered to it as the picture of "the old Navaho."

I had cousins who I would think were Mexican if they did not live in Ireland.

Any Negroid mixture, though, must be small and probably came from the slaves (about 40,000) who lived in the British Isles in the early 18th century. When slavery was ended in the UK (consisting then of Ireland, Scotland, Wales, and England) these 40,000 people of African descent became absorbed in the population and essentially disappeared.

So Negroid traits seen in white people in the British Isles probably come from this population of freed slave. Just my opinion though.

Messages In This Thread

Negroid roots of Ireland
The Myth of the Hamite
Re: The Myth of the Hamite
Re: Negroid roots of Ireland *LINK*

Trinicenter Int. | Africa News Links | 9/11 Home | Latest News | Sources | Search | Homepage

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

RaceandHistory.com is a 100% non-profit Website.