Africa Speaks
TrinidadandTobagoNews
AmonHotep
Trinicenter
Homepage
RaceandHistory
Race and HistoryNews and Views
Terms of Service | Translator | Nubian School | Channel Africa | Recommended Books

Articles Archive: Page 1 - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5 - Page 6

Race and History Forum

Re: About the egyptains
In Response To: Re: About the egyptains ()

I see you are in the process of repeating the discussion I had with Sopdet earlier this year. It is implied that the early white archaeologists were racists and recently it has been implied that I "plagiarized" some of my data. (See reponse from "Tony" under "Black Africa: Hardly!")You are quite correct to point out that the Egyptians regularly portrayed themselves as "other than black", unless they were portraying Nubian archers. These people operate on several false assumptions: That because Egypt is in Africa, it must have been a Black culture; that white archaeologists are racists advocating a "White Egypt" hypothesis; and that the "Browness" of the Egyptian population refers to fairly recent immigrations. The facts are these: Egypt has been a racial/cultural melting pot from at least 5000BC as the variety of skull types shows; that Semitic language elements, along with Mesopotamian-style architecture and other artes minores are present in Egypt from at least proto-dynastic times; that no credible anthropologist advocates a White Egypt hypothesis; and, most telling of all, that nowhere except in the northern zone of interaction/intermarriage did Africa give rise to any significant civilization of any kind. The vibrancy and genius of the Egyptian civilization is attributable to DIVERSITY, rather like America's. The effort to hijack Egyptian history and make it serve the agenda of modern Black racists is revisionism at its worst. But I fear you and I are wasting our time with these folks. Todd Greaves

Messages In This Thread

About the egyptains
Re: About the egyptains *LINK*

Trinicenter Int. | Africa News Links | 9/11 Home | Latest News | Sources | Search | Homepage

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

RaceandHistory.com is a 100% non-profit Website.