Africa Speaks
TrinidadandTobagoNews
AmonHotep
Trinicenter
Homepage
RaceandHistory
Race and HistoryNews and Views
Terms of Service | Translator | Nubian School | Channel Africa | Recommended Books

Articles Archive: Page 1 - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5 - Page 6

Race and History Forum

Re: the garamantes the blackcivlization in the sah

You are, sir, posting very confusing information.

In my statements, I never spoke of barbarians or savages, and I never said that black Africa did not contribute a thing to civilization. Those are your statements, not mine. In our part of the world, North Africa, Amazigh people (over 30 million of them) come in a spectrum of colors. We do not judge a person on color skin, or the contribution of a group to civilization on color skin.

No, I don't think I would be surprised by what comes out of some African pseudo scholarship. I am acquainted with it. I have read a lot of Afrocentrist material.

You still think in terms of black against white, or white against black. Such an attitude will lead you nowhere in dealing with the case of North Africa and ancient Egypt.

Again, the Palermo Stone lists some 50 libyan rulers in Egypt before the first dynasty of Pharaohs - Again the archeological finds and the early Pyramid texts show a population of Libyans with white skins, some with blue eyes. Of course,
"white" is relative and living in the sun tans the skin.... Features are unmistakable, though... As for ostrich feathers, they were worn in North Africa where a proto-Amazigh (proto-Berber) indigenous population is documented as of 10,000 BC, and in the Sahara - same. The Libyans depicted in Egyptian hieroglyphs from 3000 B.C. onward all wear the ostrich feathers, a sign of ethnic identification.

No amount of revisionist history will change facts inscribed in stone. Both the rock art of the Sahara and North Africa and the archeology of the Valley of the Nile testify to the fact that what you are advancing is erroneous.

As to the Garamantes, they were documented by the Greek historian Herodotus and described as white chariot drivers (they were probaly wearing ostrich feathers, too) pursuing shrieking black pygmies.... in the region of eastern Libya of today. the Garamantes are considered by scholars of African History as the remote ancestors of the Tuaregs of the Eastern Sahara. The "Tuaregs" are also Imazighen and related to our Amazigh culture.
Amazigh is singular of Imazighen. Tuaregs are not black skinned. They are, as many among us, people of color, but they are not black skinned, no more than Eskimos or Hawaian or Native Americans would be considered black. As a matter of fact, they have been seriously discriminated against by black people of Niger and Mali as called "red skins." Racism comes in all colors.

Messages In This Thread

the garamantes the blackcivlization in the sahara
Re: the garamantes the blackcivlization in the sah *LINK*

Trinicenter Int. | Africa News Links | 9/11 Home | Latest News | Sources | Search | Homepage

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

RaceandHistory.com is a 100% non-profit Website.