Africa Speaks
TrinidadandTobagoNews
AmonHotep
Trinicenter
Homepage
RaceandHistory
Race and HistoryNews and Views
Terms of Service | Translator | Nubian School | Channel Africa | Recommended Books

Articles Archive: Page 1 - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5 - Page 6

Race and History Forum

african origin of chinese civilization

Well even though genetics has proven that chinese people and african people have common genes, that doesnt mean that Africans were the ones who originated chinese civilization. If Africans were the ones who established the xia and shang dynasties, wouldnt there be linguistic connections as well between african people and chinese people? Why is it that the chinese language and african languages and cultures are so different? I know as a zoologist and a taxonomist that genetic evidence cannot be taken as the be all and end all of evidence, it cannot disprove/prove something 100%. It has to be taken in with other evidences as well. And as a zoologist I have found many instances where genetic evidence has gone completely against all the other evidences. For instance, I am specializing in parasitology. There are two groups of closely related genera of parasites known as Diplozoon and Paradiplozoon. There are huge mophological, anatomical, physiological and ecological differences between the two genera. And yet when geneticists studied them they only found that there was a difference of 11 DNA base pairs between the two genera. Because the genetic evidence indicated that they were basically the same, they wanted to lump the two genera together. You cant do that!!! you cannot take one piece of evidence (ie: the genetic analysis) and throw away all the other evidences (anatomy, morphology, physiology, ecology, etc)???!!! Chinese thought and culture is still very different from African thought and culture. Even though there may be a genetic connection, that doesnt prove there is a cultural connection. For instance, the xia and shang (africans?) worked with bronze. Whereas there is no evidence to prove that the people in africa worked with bronze. The point that I am trying to make is that even though there were africans in ancient china, those africans had already separately themselves (culturally) from Africa, so that they were no longer african once they reached china. Therefore chinese thought and culture is still chinese thought and culture. African language and culture had nothing to do with the origins of chinese culture. I am a chinese person who was born and raised in Africa and i dont see any correlation between chinese and african culture.Another thing I'd like to add is that there was no such a thing as "culture" 60 000 years ago. Its the same with Europeans, even though all races originated from africa, that does not mean that they are culturally african. Please people get dont jump to conclusions.

Messages In This Thread

african origin of chinese civilization
Re: african origin of chinese civilization

Trinicenter Int. | Africa News Links | 9/11 Home | Latest News | Sources | Search | Homepage

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

RaceandHistory.com is a 100% non-profit Website.