Africa Speaks
TrinidadandTobagoNews
AmonHotep
Trinicenter
Homepage
RaceandHistory
Race and HistoryNews and Views
Terms of Service | Translator | Nubian School | Channel Africa | Recommended Books

Articles Archive: Page 1 - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5 - Page 6

Race and History Forum

Re: Out of Africa
In Response To: Out of Africa ()

"Who are you to say these things to us?" "You do not know who I am from what I say to you. Rather, you have become like the Jewish people, for they love the tree but hate its fruit, or they love the fruit but hate the tree." This is the gospel according to Thomas who was Jesus' brother. If Jesus was alive today he would substitute "the Jewish people" for all non-black peoples.

Now, I read what you had typed and it was all quite a but interesting. And then I came to this last line and I am to wonder how anyone could make such a gross generalization of so many different types of peoples; not only the generalization that all black peoples inherently appreciate both the tree and the fruit, but that all the other peoples somehow only appreciate one or the other. I am most perplexed by this. Generalizations may be made, yes, but we all know from our HERitage and HIStory how dangerous these can be.

Messages In This Thread

Out of Africa

Trinicenter Int. | Africa News Links | 9/11 Home | Latest News | Sources | Search | Homepage

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

RaceandHistory.com is a 100% non-profit Website.