Africa Speaks
TrinidadandTobagoNews
AmonHotep
Trinicenter
Homepage
RaceandHistory
Race and HistoryNews and Views
Terms of Service | Translator | Nubian School | Channel Africa | Recommended Books

Articles Archive: Page 1 - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5 - Page 6

Race and History Forum

Re: Black mummy
In Response To: Black mummy ()

I just saw the Discovery program on this discovery last night...which is why I'm so late to the table on this! Nevertheless, this discovery serves to confirm the positions of Cheikh Anta Diop, Ivan Van Sertima and other leading black scholars in their assertions that Egypt is best viewed as the epitome or accumulation of the best of our African ancient past. I noticed in the program it had to be inserted that "whites migrated into that pre-Saharan" region, in an effort to assert whites where contributors to the development of mummification. I mean to show modern light skinned blacks in the region today, as evidence of race mixing 5,500 years ago is absurd. We know that the first 4 dynasties of Egypt were black (during which the pyramids were built) and to assert that whites had migrated past the Nile to dwell in the heartland of Africa is equally absurd. We know that whites in the north, prior to 2,500 B.C. where not inclined to go south of Israel/Palestine into the "Land of Ham", land of the Blacks. Nor is it significant or necessary that Blacks in Africa needed help developing the mummification process. I'm curious how this assertion is made...what white today knows African plants/herbs to a greater extent than the native African? I think we can faithfully say that wrapping antelope skins and embedding herbs, removing of organs, etc, are all African developments. All of which were precursors to what became the standards of ancient Egyptian ritual and culture.

Lastly, I'm also very excited about the "dog-headed man" figure...the Anubis of antiquity! Isn't that just ultimately telling of where Egypt got that conception?

Messages In This Thread

Black mummy
Re: Black mummy *LINK*
Egypt
Re: Egypt
Re: Egypt

Trinicenter Int. | Africa News Links | 9/11 Home | Latest News | Sources | Search | Homepage

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

RaceandHistory.com is a 100% non-profit Website.