Africa Speaks
TrinidadandTobagoNews
AmonHotep
Trinicenter
Homepage
RaceandHistory
Race and HistoryNews and Views
Terms of Service | Translator | Nubian School | Channel Africa | Recommended Books

Articles Archive: Page 1 - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5 - Page 6

Race and History Forum

Re: This is the nature of the Threat

I cant believe this thread dates back to '02. Racism hurts. Its a pain that you know is not yours to bear but find it hard to escape because its everywhere. It's like the elephant in the room that we all keep on ignoring. I hear self determination, I hear self love, I hear self but in todays world of forced globalisation because really we have no choice, western and foreign influences and behaviours, one is curious and as you naively share your own, you expect others to share but they don't all they do is take and take and take. And when you get mad, you are told thats all in the past now and by rightfully feeling what I'm supposed to be feeling I am tsk'd back into place.When you try exercise any measure of self you are mocked, ridiculed and humiliated. I hate white not people, white. I hate the notion of white.I am black, I am an African yet despite adequate knowledge of my history, it is not enough. My entire country is divided into spoils of war. I live in Africa and can't possibly understand what other Africans across the diaspora go through between the highs and lows of life, the cocktails, inter racial marriages and white pple who think its funny to mock our accents, our hair and our physical attributes and worse yet even amongst ourselves, we as a nation of pple who are either just tired of fighting, the confrontations, tired of REALITY and just sweep it all underneath the carpet. Trying to rush and just get integrated already, evolve assimilate, forget and have our history change. We know we gotta get ours but how? Knowledge is not enough and I will say it straight up, white pple will never ever understand so we as a pple need to stop tryna appeal to our tormentors.

Just be ourselves with no regard. Don't censor, speak out but in the same breath I wanna add and be broke because we still have to live right? We want this quality of life that our ancestors, brothers, mothers, daughters and sons had and are still fighting for. Yet it is the same vocalisation of our rights, what we want, will and wont stand for that condemns us. Being me will inevitably lose me money. Being myself won't give me the house I want to live in and raise my family. But being something else will kill me.Cmon now, we don't even come as ourselves to express ourselves. What facade, alias, psuedo self do you streamline your self and opinions through?

What other race on this planet spends more time debating themselves as much as us? What other race is as troubled as we are, as contaminated and infected across the globe but the world is a sick and deranged place, as u point out the crimes and injustices subjected to you and your pple, there will always be someone to quickly point out crime and injustices elsewhere that have nothing to do with color or your color. I don't want to own pain, we don't want to own any of it and we're not trying to but for heavens sake just see me, US, see what you have done and let us see what we have become. Maybe another thread will take it from there.

Messages In This Thread

This is the nature of the Threat
Re: This is the nature of the Threat *LINK*
Re: This is the nature of the Threat *LINK*
1 world 1 people

Trinicenter Int. | Africa News Links | 9/11 Home | Latest News | Sources | Search | Homepage

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

RaceandHistory.com is a 100% non-profit Website.